Lewis Hamilton will miss this weekend’s Sakhir Grand Prix; His replacement driver is yet to be announced; The Mercedes driver is self-isolating after testing positive for COVID-19 following Bahrain Grand Prix
His Mercedes team said Hamilton, who clinched their seventh world championship title last month and won the Bahrain Grand Prix on Sunday, was fine with the exception of a few minor symptoms.
Mercedes, the world champion, added in a statement: “Lewis was tested three times last week and the result was negative each time, the last of which was Sunday evening at the Bahrain International Circuit as part of the regular Corona virus testing program on race days , But he woke up on Monday morning suffering from minor symptoms and was informed that one of those who had had contact with them before coming to Bahrain came out with a positive sample for Covid-19.”, “Consequently, Lewis underwent an additional examination and the result was positive. The result was confirmed by a second test.”
The team said that the 35-year-old British driver is isolating himself according to local health guidelines in Bahrain, and Mercedes will announce a replacement driver in due course.